Here are some Fun Snowmobile Facts that you should know before you choose your snowmobiling adventure. Snowmobile Trails in Hayward, WI have been great with a packed base, snow falls and the cool temperatures, plus awesome grooming, this winter has been great so far. Join us on the trails in the Hayward Area of Northwestern Wisconsin today!
- There are nearly 600 miles of impeccably marked groomed trails meander through the beautiful Chequamegon National Forest, across 17,000 acre Lake Chippewa Flowage and hundreds of other area lakes. You can ride forever. Our trails give access to over 4,000 miles of riding enjoyment in Northwestern, Wisconsin including the Tuscobia State Trail, Flambeau State Forest, Chequamagen National Forest, Sawyer County Forest and Lac Courte Oreilles Trails.
- Annual snowfall is about 60 inches, and the northwoods helps to hold this snow, providing a riding season that runs from mid December to mid March.
- Twenty-four hour grooming keeps the trails here in top shape. In fact, the Sawyer County Snowmobile Alliance is the world’s largest single owner of grooming equipment.
- North, South, East or West the trails lead in all directions in this scenic region offering unlimited choices. When staying in this area, snowmobiles are the only transportation you will need since almost everything is accessible via snowmobile. Excellent lodging with roaring fireplaces and great food can be found trailside throughout this region.
- ATV’s can also be used on most of the snowmobile trails.
The Hayward Area hosts tons of winter events and activities from snowmobile sporting events, to many different ice fishing tournaments, to winter fat biking, and of course our Famous International cross country ski race, the American Birkebeiner, plus many other activities throughout the weekend that revolve around the race from sprints to skijoring, to the giant ski and junior races and even the young ones can enjoy the barkebirkie. So much to do we would love to see you. Visit https://haywardlakes.com/events-page/ for more events and descriptions. #visithaywardwi